WORKERS OF THE WORLD
I want to sing a new song of joy
At dawn that day of arrival in our land!
With my people celebrate the dawn
My people set free!
Fighting has not been in vain …
Christian songbook of Brazil
Today we live in a divided world
Widespread hatreds divide countries, continents, social classes, trade unionism, politics, cause the criminalization of social movements.
These situations lead to revolt and despair. Workers see with limited reaction the loss of their fundamental rights: wages, health, education, land, housing and work, as it has been evidenced in the two meetings of Pope Francis with leaders of social movements including WMCW-World Movement of Christian Workers, held at the Vatican and later in Bolivia, where he visited the countries of South America.
Page 2 of 2
- International day of work-free Sundays - 3rd March 2021
- ECWM Coordination Group on-line meeting on February, 13th, 2021
- CHRISTMAS MESSAGE 2020 of ECWM “You shall name him Jesus” (Luke 1: 31)
- ECWM holds its General Assembly
- Statement of European Christian Workers Movement (ECWM) on the occasion of Europe Day
- Message of Pope Francis to popular movements and organizations on Easter Sunday 2020
- Joint Statement of the Presidents of COMECE and CEC in the context of the COVID–19 pandemic: "LET US REMAIN UNITED"
- Prayer for our hurting world
- Message from the WMCW on the occasion of the 8th March, International Women's Day
- European Christian Workers Movement Statement in the International Free-Work Sunday Day (3rd March)