Labor, bread and dignity – The people want and deserve a better Europe.
“Alejandro Riega and Veronica Aversa are visibly very tired but equally happy. They wandered for three weeks, as many of their compatriots, from the extreme north west of Spain to Madrid. ‘Marches for dignity’, that’s how they named the ongoing protest against the austerity policies of the conservative Prime Minister, Marriano Rajoy.” (from Badische Zeitung, 24 March 2014)
Youth unemployment has reached dramatic proportions, especially in these countries which are extremely affected by the crisis, a crisis that increases and intensifies the social division in Europe. The social gap and inequality in member states and in Europe is growing rapidly. It is a scandal that the rich get richer as profiteers of the crises while the number of poor people is increasing.
Our belief is clear: if we want to give globalization a human appearance, we must ensure that Europe proves itself as a model of social equality for all. This Europe of the future must be a new, a different Europe, a Europe which implements the concept of a European social model in actions. For the realization of the social integration of Europe, ECWM gives priority to employment prior to the capital. (encyclical letter Laborem exercens)
MTCE/EBCA on Twitter
- ECWM SEMINAR AND CONGRESS IN AVILA (Spain) Decent work and precarious jobs in Europe
- Being a Woman: A Statement of the World Movement of Christian Workers on the occasion of the International Women's Day, March 8th
- WMCW International Council and ECWM Coordination meetings to prepare their next General Assembly
- The WMCW and ECWM participate in the 3rd World Meeting of Popular Movements
- Reaffirming the dignity of work in the face of a changing world of work
- MCW England/Wales: World Day for Decent Work 7 October 2016 "Ending Corporate Greed"
- ECWM Seminar and Assembly 2016 in Avila, Spain
- World Day for Decent Work (7 October)
- From Rerum Novarum (1891) to Laudato si (2015)
- MCW England: European Movement of Christian Workers Calls For A Living Income